This intermediate level workshop helped with methods to ensure the financial stability of a water system while providing safe, quality drinking water at fair rates. We focused on how systems can select rate setting objectives and match those with appropriate rate structures.
Attendees learned how to:
1. Develop rate setting objectives
2. Determine the cost of providing water service
3. Anticipate changes in revenues year-to-year by changes in demand
4. Measure the affordability of rates for all of your customers
5. Create rate structures that promote water conservation or promote water use