- This event has passed.
Webinar | Economics and Affordability of Low Interest Rate Loans
April 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Recording can be found here.
In this webinar, we will describe low interest loans, their merits, and demonstrate two tools to help evaluate different loan options and their financial impact. We introduce the Subsidized Loan Calculator, which allows you to compare different loan options and their total and annual debt payments now and 30 years down the road. We will also demonstrate the Affordability Tool to illustrate how different customers may be impacted by rate increases necessary to pay back the loans. Finally, we will discuss a case study to consider when subsidized loans can be a good option for low-income communities.
Kristen Downs, PhD, Project Director, Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
- Learn about financing options available to you for your capital improvement projects, and compare subsidized low interest loans to market rate loans
- Evaluate different loan options based on interest rates and, if applicable, principal forgiveness terms
- Learn how to use the Subsidized Loan Calculator tool to compare low interest rate and market rate loans
- Understand how taking on a loan can affect your customers, depending on the loan terms
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of wastewater systems
- Decision-makers for wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving wastewater systems
Leave a Reply