- This event has passed.
Webinar | Regionalization and the Power of Partnership
October 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The presentation slides can be found here.
Description: Running a small system can be challenging. Along with meeting regulatory obligations and satisfying customer expectations, you may have issues with aging infrastructure, lack of personnel, and limited financial resources. Furthermore, small systems often cost more to operate per capita than large systems because of economy of scale.
Two strategies to address these challenges is to work with other utilities or consider regionalization options. In this workshop, we will discuss various regionalization models and approaches to collaboration including:
- Informal information sharing
- Sharing personnel
- Leveraging shared purchasing power
- How to prepare your utility for knowledge or technology transfer
- Regionalization options
Attendees will be invited to ask questions throughout the webinar.
Presenter: Tom Roberts, Senior Business Analyst, Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
Please Note: This webinar has NOT been submitted for approval of continuing education credit. We can provide a certificate of attendance to eligible attendees, but cannot guarantee it will meet your PDH or CEU requirements.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of water systems serving less than 10,000 people, or wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for water and wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water and wastewater systems
Leave a Reply