Summer 2022 Graduate Research Assistant
In support of our mission, the EFC is hiring a graduate research assistant to help conduct applied research on EFC projects during summer 2022. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Under the mentorship of a Project Director, conducting research or policy analysis on various topics related to environmental finance
- Contributing to case studies, reports, and/or blog posts for a non-academic audience of practitioners and decision-makers
- Participating in client interviews or stakeholder meetings
- Data compilation, analysis, and visualization. Focus is on data related to financial and institutional management of U.S. drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater utilities.
- Become familiar with water, wastewater, and stormwater utility terminology and correspond with colleagues who are subject matter experts
Currently pursuing a master’s degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to public administration, public health, planning, environmental management/studies, environmental engineering, public policy, business administration, finance, information science, or political science.
- Strong interest in learning more about environmental finance and/or public finance
- Ability to work independently and produce quality products, particularly if working remotely
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with Tableau or ArcGIS is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Christy Ihlo, Deputy Director of the Environmental Finance Center at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 2022.