Start date: early March 2019
End date: May 2019, with potential to extend through the summer
Hours per week: The graphic design and marketing intern will be on retainer for projects, and hours will be decided on a project-by-project basis. The graphic design intern might not work every week. When work is available, hours will not exceed 15-20 hours per week.
Hourly wage: $13/hour
Location: EFC offices at the Knapp-Sanders School of Government on South Road
The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) at UNC’s School of Government is dedicated to enhancing the ability of governments and other organizations to provide environmental programs and services in fair, effective, and financially sustainable ways.
In support of our mission, the EFC seeks to hire a student graphic design and marketing intern to assist with communications for a diverse portfolio of environmental finance projects. The EFC’s projects are often complex and involve multiple environmental issues and partners. Much of our work is data-driven, and we strive to translate our applied research in clear, concise, and engaging formats.
Duties include working closely with the Communications Manager and project team(s) to:
· Produce data visualizations using EFC data and research
· Assist with layout and graphics for EFC reports and tables
· Design marketing materials for publications, events, and other items as needed.
· Assist with website design for efc.sog.unc.edu
· Assist with production of EFC video projects
· Graphic design experience, especially in portraying complex topics and data
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· Very strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently, but not afraid to ask questions when needing guidance
· Excellent communication skills
· Prior experience with video production and marketing a plus
· Recommended: Major or degree in graphic design, communications, journalism, marketing, or related
To apply, please send your resume and examples of your work (or a link to your website) to Allison Perch () by March 4 at 5pm. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.