** Please CLICK HERE to open the dashboard in a new tab **
New look and new functions!
Anyone who is familiar with the Rates Dashboard will notice that we have given it a new look and added many new features and functions. We have added the following features and functions to the dashboard:
- An easier way to select your utility from the dropdown menu: now you can type in your utility's name
- Ability to click on and select any utility on the map
- Ability to edit your utility's data or add a new utility/rate structure to the dashboard. These edits and additions will be saved on your computer until you delete your cookies
- You can now view your rates at 500 gallon/month increments between 0 and 15,000 gallons/month
- Ability to observe the effects of raising rates by more than 50% (up to doubling your rates)
- Much faster load and response times as you interact with the dashboard
- Numerous other function and aesthetic changes to improve the use and feel of the dashboard.
What is the Georgia Water & Wastewater Rates Dashboard?
This interactive Rates Dashboard is designed to assist utility managers and local officials analyze residential water and sewer rates of Georgia's utilities against multiple characteristics, including utility finances, system characteristics, customer base socioeconomic conditions, and geography. The EFC and the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority collected and analyzed water and sewer rate structures for 480 public service providers in GA.
July 2017 residential water, sewer, or water and sewer combined rates for 480 utilities across Georgia can be compared with:
- All other utilities in the State,
- Utilities of the same size,
- Utilities in the same river basin,
- Utilities with the same water source,
- Utilities with the same rate structure,
- Utilities serving communities with similar median household incomes,
- Utilities in the same Water Planning Region,
- Utilities within 25 miles,
- Utilities within 50 miles, and
- Utilities within 100 miles
Key Financial Indicators
The following measures for the selected utility are compared to key indicators or to the utilities within the selected comparison group:
- Monthly water, sewer, or water and sewer combined bill for the selected consumption amount,
- Monthly bill for as % Median Household Income for the community,
- Conservation pricing signal, and
- Ratio of operating revenues to operating expenses (when available).
You can compare the monthly bill charged for any consumption level from 0 gallons/month to 15,000 gallons/month, at 1,000 gallon intervals. You can also raise rates by up to 100% and observe the (hypothetical) effects on the utility's rates, revenues and rate affordability. The local area's basic cable monthly bill is added for comparison.
In addition, system financial health and customer demographic profiles are provided for utilities where data are available.
Between February 9th and March 7th, 2017, an error was displayed in the 2016 Georgia rates dashboard's calculations of block rate structures. If you used data from the dashboard during this time, we advise you to refresh your query. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.