Enter in all capital projects and this tool will project your fund balance (revenues, expenses and reserves), and necessary rate increases for the next 20 years, and more. Data entry requirements are minimal. Intended for small and medium systems.
How to use this tool:
Start by entering basic information on a utility's rate structure, customer base and current fiscal year financials. Then enter the capital projects for the next 20 years, choose project start and end dates and costs, and select a financing method for each project (cash financed or debt financed). The tool will calculate annual rate increases necessary to cover capital reserve allocations and debt service over a 20-year planning period, while restricting your reserves from increasing perpetually. Results are displayed in tables and easy-to-read graphics.
What's new in version 2.8.1?
- Adjusted the Dashboard page layout to make it easier to print the graphics.
What's new in version 2.8?
- Changed the formatting and layout of the charts on the Dashboard sheet.
- Option to download a version of the tool with example data.
What's new in version 2.7?
- Users can now sort and reorder the list of capital projects based on the data inputs, such as the year of construction or project cost.
- Additional details about specific project costs and timelines are now visible.
- New error checking message to alert the user to errors regarding the first year of capital reserve allocation.
What's new in version 2.6?
- The tool has a new name. It was formerly called the "User-friendly Capital Improvement Plan Tool for Water and Wastewater Utilities."
- Minor formatting changes
- Set up print areas to ensure better quality printing of all worksheets