- This event has passed.
Water and Wastewater Finance Strategies Workshop
February 15 @ 9:00 am - February 17 @ 12:00 pm
NOTICE: The February 2022 offering of this course has been moved completely online and will be taking place via Zoom.
The Environmental Finance Center’s annual Water and Wastewater Finance Strategies workshop will provide utility practitioners with new skills and up-to-date information on pricing, infrastructure finance planning strategies, and funding resources. This year’s course includes speakers from the Environmental Finance Center, UNC School of Government, NC Division of Water Infrastructure, NC League of Municipalities, and NC Department of State Treasury.
Intended audience: Local government staff, local elected officials, utility staff, consultants, and technical assistance providers.
The 2022 workshop will be held virtually from 9 am to 12 pm ET each day. Download the agenda.
Tuesday, February 15th
- 9:00 – Welcome and Introductions, Finance Overview
- 9:45 – Legislation and Policy Impacting Utility Finance
- 10:45 – DWI Funding Opportunities
- 11:00 – Equity in Water
- 11:30 – Viable Utility Reserve Data Exploration
Wednesday, February 16th
- 9:00 – Legal Issues in Water Finance
- 10:45 – Self-assessing Financial Performance
Thursday, February 17th
- 9:00 – Legislation and Policy Impacting Utility Finance Q&A
- 10:15 – Strategies to Enhance the Resilience of Utility Finances, Breakout 1
- 10:45 – Strategies to Enhance the Resilience of Utility Finances, Breakout 2
- 11:15 – Strategies to Enhance the Resilience of Utility Finances, Breakout 3
- 11:45 – Closing Statements
More information and registration is available on the School of Government’s webpage for this course. Additional materials may be posted shortly before the course begins.
Leave a Reply