- This event has passed.
Workshop | Asset Management for Small Systems
September 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
* This is a hybrid event. Attendees can attend either in person at the UNC School of Government, 400 South Road, Chapel Hill, NC, 27514, or virtually via Zoom.
Managing the physical infrastructure of a water or wastewater utility is a daunting task. Proactive asset management practices can improve infrastructure and utility health over time, and this workshop can help you get started. We’ll review the basics of finance and financial self-assessment before jumping into asset management content.
In this workshop, we will discuss various components of asset management, including:
- Understanding the 5 core components of asset management
- Reviewing financing options for future infrastructure needs
- Application of those concepts within asset management templates
- How to prepare for hiring a consultant.
Additionally, a representative of the Division of Water Infrastructure will be on hand to review the Asset Inventory and Assessment (AIA) grant program, which can provide funding for asset management planning.
* Approval is pending for 5 CEUs for water and wastewater operators.
9:30: Introduction to Environmental Finance and Assessing Financial Condition
11:00: Getting Started with Asset Management
12:00: Lunch on your own*
1:00: Asset Management in Practice (in-class exercise)
2:15: Funding Options and Q&A with Division of Water Infrastructure Representative
3:00: Lessons Learned with an AIA Grant Recipient
3:45: Wrap-up, Questions and Discussion
* Please note: Meals will not be provided for this training. Please plan to travel nearby for lunch or feel free to bring your own lunch and enjoy one of the courtyards at the UNC School of Government.
For more information, please contact Dr. Kristen Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org