- This event has passed.
VA Training | Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Development for Small Wastewater Systems
October 4, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
* 9:30am – 4:30pm EST
Description: Managing the physical infrastructure of a wastewater utility is a daunting task. A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) can help bridge the gap between the planning process and the budget process for wastewater utilities. The purpose of a CIP is to identify and prioritize necessary capital improvement projects, develop detailed cost estimates, and identify and forecast funding sources. This workshop will provide an introduction to CIPs for small wastewater utilities and provide resources for initiating your own CIP process.
- Review principles of environmental finance and assessing utility financial condition
- Understand the role of CIPs
- Provide guidance for initiating a CIP process and working with CIP consultants
- Review sample CIPs
Presenter: Kristen Downs, PhD, Project Director, UNC Environmental Finance Center
Certificate: We will provide a certificate of attendance to all eligible attendees. To be eligible for a certificate, you must attend the entire training and register and attend using your real name and unique email address. It is the attendee’s responsibility to self-submit for Continuing Professional Contact Hours (CPE’s).
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving wastewater systems
Leave a Reply