- This event has passed.
Webinar | Benefits and Pitfalls of Bulk Agreements for Small Wastewater Utilities
November 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Bulk agreements are vital to small wastewater utilities as many small systems either increase revenue by treating wastewater from neighboring systems or decrease responsibility and cost of operating a treatment plant by pumping wastewater to another utility. These partnerships can help a utility be resilient in the face of population change, aging infrastructure issues, and changes in regulations. However, it can be challenging to ensure that these agreements address all the aspects of the partnership, including compliance, treatment, capacity, capital improvements, and non-payment. This webinar will highlight the benefits as well as potential pitfalls for small systems considering creating a bulk agreement.
This webinar will be focused on bulk agreements for wastewater utilities, but many of the principles apply to water utilities as well.
- Learn the definition of a bulk agreement and see examples
- Understand the benefits of bulk agreements for wastewater treatment
- Identify how to start the process of creating a bulk agreement
- Learn how to clarify responsibilities effectively regarding compliance, treatment, capital costs, and non-payment
Presenter: Elsemarie Mullins, Project Director, Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
Please Note: This webinar has NOT been submitted for approval of continuing education credit. We can provide a certificate of attendance to eligible attendees, but cannot guarantee it will meet your PDH or CEU requirements.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers, owners, and operators of wastewater systems with an average daily flow of less than 1 million gallons
- Decision-makers for wastewater utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
- Consultants and technical assistance providers serving wastewater systems
Leave a Reply